Hi, mis amores and welcome back to my blog. Today I will be posting my Healthy Paella Recipe. Growing up with Anadalusian, Canarian, Basque and Puerto rican roots it was always a tradition to eat Paella. I came up with a healthier alternative that does not involve squid or squid ink. I hope you guys love it. Let’s get started.
Things you will need:
2 lbs of chicken breast(regular or organic)
2 lbs of small raw shrimp
1 bell pepper
1 medium spanish onion
2 cups of brown rice(or 2 bags of instant brown rice)
2 teaspoons of salt and pepper
2 teaspoons of Adobo(My favorite Puerto Rican season by Goya)
1 packet of sazon(My second favorite Puerto Rican season by Goya)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil(Organic virgin cold pressed)
Kitchen scissors and a knife
1. Cut your chicken breast into bite size pieces with your kitchen scissors and place it into a bowl.
2. Rinse your shrimps and place them into a seperate bowl.
3. Take your bell pepper, small spanish onion, squash, and cut them into small pieces.
4. Take your salt, pepper, adobo, sazon, bell peppers, spanish onion, squash, and split it amongst both meats.
5. Mix the meat, seasonings and vegetables together.
6. Put it aside in the fridge and let it marinate.
7. Grab a medium sized pot and put 2 1/2 cups of water, and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling add 2 cups of brown rice or two bags of instant brown rice for a faster process(The brown rice takes 10 minutes rather than 45 minutes to an hour, I prefer instant) Bring to a boil, turn down the eat and let it simmer.
8. Grab a pan and add the coconut oil to it.
9. Add all your meat in the pan and stir until tender and brown for 10 minutes. Once done set aside in a bowl, and put it in the microwave.
10. Check your rice and make sure the water is gone or if the rice is tender. If so let it cool done. Then serves the meat over the rice or mix and enjoy.
There you have it people. My 10 steps to making Healthy Paella. I hope you all enjoy it.